FREQUESTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are the most frequently asked questions to our travel agents. If you do not find what you need here, please CONTACT US with any questions you might have.
- Do I need a passport to travel to Belize?
- Do I need to change currency when I arrive?
A. No, U.S. dollars are widely accepted in Belize.
- What is the exchange rate?
A. $1 US dollar is equal to $2 Belize dollars.
- What time zone is Belize in?
A. Central, but they do not observe Daylight Savings Time.
- What is the primary language?
- Is the voltage the same for electricity as the U.S.?
A. Yes, 110 volts.
- Do we need any shots?
A. No, the Belize Tourist Board posts a statement that there are no serious epidemic diseases in Belize and no inoculations are necessary. Anti malaria tablets are recommended for extended stays in the jungle. You may question your personal doctor if you have further questions.
- Have you (Magnum Belize Tours agents) been to Belize?
A. Yes, all of our agents have been to Belize. They travel annually to personally inspect each property.
- How do you get to Ambergris Caye?
A. We use Tropic Air to transfer to and from the caye. The flight is approximately 20 minutes.
- Can I dive or snorkel from the beach?
A. No, Belize is not known for its walk-in beaches. Lack of wave action allows sea grasses to grow. You must go out by boat.
- We have an idea of what we would like to do. Can you help us?
A. Yes, we customize each itinerary to meet your needs. We also offer discount airfare.